Record Store day is coming this Saturday—it’s a day some have been looking forward to for months now. The list on special releases have been online for a few weeks but in case you missed it you can find them all here. (for the PDF file of the list that includes pressing numbers click here.)
While usually fun, Record Store Day can be disappointing. Many of the special releases are made in limited quantities and only go to select stores. Nothing will be more disappointing than not being able to buy the Gorrillaz Do Ya Thing release on Record Store Day (Due to the low pressing number on that release I’m not letting myself believe I will get it).
Here are a few things to keep in mind to enjoy your record store day:
- Find a record store near you that participates in Record Store Day. To find local shops click here.
- Make a list of special releases you want so you don’t forget anything once you’re at the store
- Once you find a store near you, call in that store and ask if they will have the releases you want in stock.
- Find out when your local shop opens.
- Check the pressing numbers on the releases you want. If you want a release with a low pressing number and your local shop will have one in stock prepare to get their early.
Now go out and support your local record store to keep record stores alive.