For the last couple of months, our writers, editors, and developers have been laboring on a secret project. Our small team has been working on a big idea. Today I have the honor to share what we’ve been doing: The Airspace is launching a digital magazine for smartphones and tablets called On Air. For $2.99 a month (less than a cup of coffee), subscribers receive access to exclusive essays and articles from our writers. “Culture, Technology, and Scholarship” from around the world will be delivered right to the palm of your hand.
We wanted our stories to be accessible to everybody so we made the app free to download. In addition to articles and stories exclusive to On Air (available with a subscription), the app features issues containing the best articles from the website along with collections from our archives. These issues are available without the purchase of a subscription. Between On Air exclusives and our free content, the On Air app features over 120 minutes of reading each month. There’s no reason not to download On Air.
On Air is also available as a web application that can be viewed by any web browser in the world. It’s optimized to work flawlessly on Android and other smartphone browsers. So if you don’t have an iPhone or iPad, you can still have an incredible On Air experience.
We’ve already published three issues and they’re just waiting for you to read them. Download the App right now.
Get a Lifetime Subscription by joining the Avant Club
We’re eternally grateful to our fantastic and dedicated readers. To show our appreciation, we created a way for anyone to receive a lifetime subscription to On Air (along with some other goodies). The Avant Club is an online community of people dedicated to culture, technology, and scholarship.
By joining the Avant Club, you’ll receive:
- A lifetime subscription to On Air, The Airspace’s digital periodical;
- Unlimited access to The Airspace’s iOS and web applications;
- Your image/face/logo on the Avant Club page along with a profile containing anything you like;
- 50 percent off all Airspace merchandise and Airspace Records
- Special event invitations and member rewards (details announced fall, 2013);
- Access to the Avant Club community, where you can connect with other like-minded people in meaningful ways;
- and the glowing satisfaction of supporting culture, technology, and scholarship.
To join the Avant Club, you buy a “unit” (see the little boxes in the picture) on the Avant Club page. Each unit has a different price, but the first unit starts at $3. Much to our accountant’s despair, the Avant Club is an insanely great deal. And as long as people want units, we will keep making more.
What are you waiting for? Onwards!